1. Why do you have ads and timeouts on your cameras?
2. I just logged out and am having trouble logging back on. What's the problem?
This issue usually occurs when users "X" out of the Railstream system without using the "Member Logout" button. Using the "X" at the top of your screen to close down Railstream will prevent users from logging back in for up to 5 minutes. This is due to our website's security system. After the 5 minute reset period, you should be able to log back in as usual. Keeping this reset period in mind, it is best to use the "Member Logout" button when you are finished watching the cameras.
3. I am unable to log onto the site with my laptop and PC at the same time. What's the problem?
Due to our website's security settings, users will not be able to log into more than one machine at the same time. We do offer dual view and quad view (Conductor and Engineer members only) so that users can enjoy railfanning two or more sites simultaneously.
4. I can see the live cameras, but am unable to hear the sound. What's wrong?
5. What is the "up time" for your railcams?
6. I purchased a Conductor membership by mistake. How can I upgrade to Engineer?
7. I would like to post some of the great action from your site on another site. Am I able to do this?
All content included on this site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and video streams, is the property of RailStream, LLC. The compilation of all content on this site is the exclusive property of the RailStream, LLC and protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. All software used on this site is the property of RailStream, LLC or its software suppliers and protected by United States and international copyright laws.
Any rebroadcast, retransmission, of the RailStream system and its events, without the expressed written consent of RailStream, LLC., is prohibited.
8. I have an idea for a new railcam. How can I suggest a new location?
9. I've noticed that at times that the live cameras may buffer. What's going on?
Cameras may buffer for a few reasons: internet connection, processor speed, length of time you've been watching.
In regards to processor speed, a dual core processor or newer is recommended. Users with a slower computer may have difficulty watching the cameras in dual or quad view.
10. Is there a way you can wipe the rain or snow off the railcams?
Unfortunately, no. While we wish that the cameras had built-in wipers, the truth is that our cameras reside outside and must brave the elements. This means that at times, the cameras may be covered with snow or raindrops. Hopefully, Mother Nature will act fast so that we don't miss too many trains.
11. What is your mailing address?
P.O. Box 211
Trenton, MI 48183